Asp.Net Core is an open-source,high-performance, cloud-optimized web framework for developing modern web applications maintained by Microsoft. It’s cross-platform (supporting Windows, macOS and Linux) and can be used to build device, cloud, and IoT applications,What is ASP.NET Core
Asp.Net Core includes the MVC framework, which now combines the features of MVC and Web API in to a single web programming framework. Also .NET Core is compatible with .NET Framework, Xamarin and Mono, via the .NET Standard Library.
ASP.NET core is developed in such a way that, it could be integrated seamlessly with various client-side frameworks that includes Bootstrap, AngularJS and KnockoutJS. Ultimately the ASP.NET Core app can deploy .NET Core or .NET Framework run-time for better & best output.
Why to Choose ASP.NET Core
- You can develop and run your ASP.NET Core apps cross-platform on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Open-source and community-focused.
- It consists of modular components with minimal overhead, so you retain flexibility while constructing your solutions.
- Support for hosting Remote Procedure Call (RPC) services using GRPC.
- A cloud-ready, environment-based configuration system.
- Ability to host on IIS,Apache,Kestrel,Docker,Nginx or self-host in your own process.
- A unified story for building web UI and web APIs.
- Razor Pages makes coding page-focused scenarios easier and more productive.
- Integration of modern, client-side frameworks and development workflows.
- Side-by-side versioning.
- A lightweight, high-performance, and modular HTTP request pipeline.
- Built-in dependency injection.
ASP.NET Core comes with the following improvements
- ASP.NET Core has a number of architectural changes that result in a much leaner and modular framework.
- ASP.NET Core is no longer based on System.Web.dll. It is based on a set of granular and well factored NuGet packages.
- This allows you to optimize your app to include just the NuGet packages you need.
- .Net core comes with tighter security, reduced servicing, improved performance, and decreased costs.
ASP.NET Core Environment Set up
To develop ASP.NET Core web application, you need to install following things to in your system.
Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- .NET Core SDK
- .NET Core Runtime
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
If you work with Visual Studio 2015 then you can download .NET Core 1.0 and Same of .NET Core Runtime 1.0 version to support VS 2015.
- Auto Refresh Partial View in ASP.NET MVC
- What is ASP.NET Core
- Difference between TempData keep() And Peek() in Asp.Net MVC
- Difference between viewbag,viewdata and tempdata in asp.net mvc
- ASP.NET MVC With AngularJS
- MVC CRUD Operations Using Entity Framework
- Search Functionality in ASP.NET MVC
- How to create a User Registration page using asp.net mvc
- Store Multiple Checkbox state from cookie using Jquery
- Cascading Dropdownlist using Ajax in Asp.Net Mvc with city state country
- Insert, Update, Delete In GridView Using ASP.Net C#
- Binding Dropdownlist With Database In Asp.Net MVC
- Search and Filter data in Gridview using Asp.net MVC
- Select Insert, Update And Delete With ASP.NET MVC
- Display Data in GridView Using Asp.net MVC
- Validation in ASP.NET MVC Razor view
- CRUD Operation Using 3-Tier Architecture In ASP.NET
- How to get Connection String from Web.Config in Asp.Net C#
- Login page using 3-Tier Architecture in ASP.Net